After Eight Mint Ice Cream
Member recipe by algrenfell
- 115gms (or 4oz) of After Eight Mints (Broken)
- 6 Eggs
- 115 gms (or 4oz) of Castor Sugar
- 426ml (or ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¾ pt) of double cream
- Extra mints for decoration
- Melt the after eight mints
- Separate the eggs and whisk the whites until stiff but not dry and add the sugar gradually, whisking all the time.
- Whip the cream until it holds in soft peaks
- Combine egg yolks and melted chocolate and whisk in the cream
- Finally fold in the egg whites and sugar mixture lightly but thoroughly
- Pour into a tin with greaseproof paper on the bottom. This should be an 8 inch tin and
- Freeze overnight
- Turn out on a plate to serve - a round bladed knife and a hot cloth round the edge of the tin often helps.
- Decorate with remaining after eights around the edge and grated chocolate on the top immediately prior to serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…