Perfect Mushroom Risotto
Member recipe by chefgeorgie
A simple, tasty dish using beautiful chestnut mushrooms combined with risotto rice.
- 1 onion
- 150g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15ml spoon olive oil
- 250g risotto rice
- 5ml spoon vegetable stock powder
- 1-1.5 litres boiling water
- 15ml spoon grated parmesan
- 10ml spoon chopped thyme
- Prepare the vegetables. - peel and chop onion - slice mushrooms - peel and crush garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add mushrooms, and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock with the water.
- Add a little of the stock to the rice and keep stirring until stock is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock until the rice cooks - this will take 20-25 mins. The rice should be soft but still retain a nutty bite.
- Stir the parmasan and thyme into the rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…