Perfect Mushroom Risotto
Member recipe by chefgeorgie
A simple, tasty dish using beautiful chestnut mushrooms combined with risotto rice.
- 1 onion
- 150g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic
- 15ml spoon olive oil
- 250g risotto rice
- 5ml spoon vegetable stock powder
- 1-1.5 litres boiling water
- 15ml spoon grated parmesan
- 10ml spoon chopped thyme
- Prepare the vegetables. - peel and chop onion - slice mushrooms - peel and crush garlic.
- Fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add mushrooms, and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the rice.
- Mix the stock with the water.
- Add a little of the stock to the rice and keep stirring until stock is absorbed.
- Continue adding stock until the rice cooks - this will take 20-25 mins. The rice should be soft but still retain a nutty bite.
- Stir the parmasan and thyme into the rice.