Fruit Rock Buns
Member recipe by fatimaaziz1992
ServingsServes 1 - 8 Cakes
This is a fun and creative recipe for the children to also help to cook, its healthy but still a easy and simple to adjust as you can change the types of fruit you use and could add chocolate for a different treat
- 200g self raising flour,
- 100g margarine or butter,
- 100g sugar,
- 1 medium free range egg,
- 50g (choose any fruit, raisins, sultanas, chocolate, cherries)
- 2-3 tbsp of milk
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 200c/ 400F and grease a large baking tray.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together, then beat in the egg.
- Add the flour and fruit, then mix together using a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk to make a soft dough.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, place on the greased baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Leave to cool for around 5 minutes on a wire rack.
- Then Enjoy with some cream.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…