Morrocan Lamb Kebabs
Member recipe by hayleym09
- 500g (1lb) of fresh good quality diced lamb
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree (more if required)
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- A 2inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of the following spices;
- Ground coriander
- Chilli powder
- Black pepper, salt and a pich of mixed dried herbs.
- Olive oil
- Pitta breads-white or wholemeal
- Tub of houmous or homemade if you have time
- A few slices of cucumber per pitta, and some crispy rocket, just to garnish.
- Chop up onion, garlic, ginger and red chilli. Place lamb in an ovenproof glass roasting dish and add onions etc.. Add tomatoe puree and mix in well to coat all the lamb. Add the olive oil to coat lamb. Add spices and herbs and leave in a warmish room, covered for about 2 hours-longer if you like.
- Place in an oven (200 degrees/gas mark 5) for approx 2 hours until the lamb it tender. Stir the sauce every half hour or so.
- Warm the pitta breads in the oven just before taking the lamb out, slice open and stuff with lamb, salad and houmous! Enjoy!
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…