- 4 skinless salmon fillet, 150g/4oz each
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
Honey is made by bees from the nectar they collect from flowers. Viscous and fragrant, it's…
- 1 tbsp oil (a mix of vegetable and sesame)
- 1 tbsp finely grated fresh root ginger
Mainly grown in Jamaica, Africa, India, China and Australia, ginger is the root of the plant. It…
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded amd finely sliced
- 500g mixed green vegetables - we used bok choi, sugar snaps and broccoli
Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Place the salmon on a baking tray. Mix together the oyster sauce, teriyaki and honey, then brush a little over the fish. Roast for 8-10 mins until glazed and just cooked through. Set aside.
Heat the oil in a wok, then fry the ginger, garlic and chilli for 1 min. Stir-fry the broccoli or any larger, harder veg for 3 mins, then add the leafy veg and cook for 1-2 mins more. Stir in the rest of the sticky sauce, heat through and serve with the fish.
Try it with beefSTICKY BEEF & NOODLE STIR-FRY Stir-fry 400g beef strips in the oil for 2 mins, then tip onto a plate. Continue cooking the ginger, garlic, chilli and veg, as above, then stir in the oyster sauce, teryiaki and honey with 300g straight-to-wok egg noodles. Bubble for a min, stir in the beef and serve.