Points to remember
- Take a large sheet of baking parchment and sprinkle liberally with caster sugar.
- Carefully flip the warm sponge onto the parchment and peel the baking paper away from the sponge.
- Score a line along the bottom of the sponge, approximately 2.5cm away from the edge. Don’t cut all the way through.
- Using the line scored, roll the sponge up tightly and leave to cool completely.
- When the sponge is cool, unroll it gently.
- Spread the jam filling evenly over the surface of the sponge leaving an 8-10cm gap at one end.
- Spoon the cream onto the jam and spread with a palette knife.
- Pulling the paper tightly towards you, slowly ease the sponge over the filling.
- Serve with the open edge on the bottom to keep it tightly rolled