Other flavour combinations to try:
- 1 rosemary sprig with chunks of watermelon
- 4-5 halved strawberries and a small handful of basil leaves
- Thumb-sized piece of ginger, chopped, with slices of lime
- Slices of cucumber and 1 mint sprig
- A handful of satsuma or clementine segments
How long can I leave fruit in water to infuse?
Leave to infuse for at least 1-2 hrs, or ideally overnight. Drink within two days.
How much water should I drink?
If you're wondering how much water you should drink in a day, read our guide written by nutritionist Kerry Torrens for key information on how to stay hydrated. Each individual's needs are unique and dependent on health, age, size, weight, activity levels, the type of job they do and the climate they live in. Drinking little and often is the best way to stay hydrated. In the UK, the Eatwell Guide suggests you should aim for six to eight glasses of water and other liquids each day to replace normal water loss – around 1.2-1.5 litres. Water, lower-fat milk and sugar-free drinks including tea and coffee all count.
Want to know why you should stay hydrated? Find out more and read our guide on the top 5 health benefits of drinking water.