Points to remember
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces so it will melt easily and evenly. Pour nearly boiling double cream onto the chocolate.
- Stir until melted and smooth.
- You can now use it to make three different icings. Allow to cool slightly for a smooth glossy icing that you can pour over your cake.
- Cool further for a thicker icing that you can spread and swirl on your cake.
- If you allow the ganache to cool completely, the mixture will become firm.
- You can now whisk it so that it becomes light and fluffy.
- Use this to frost your cake or spoon it into a piping bag to decorate cupcakes.