Member recipe by mocha17000
- 1kg Salad/New Potatoes, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2tsp Turmeric divided
- Water for boiling
- 1 1/3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower
- 1 1/2 green chilis, finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 2tsp Garam Masala
- 2tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 2tsp Ground coriander
- 2tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Fresh or tinned tomatoes (optional)
- Boil the potatoes in the water with half the turmeric until you can brake one easily with a fork. Drain well.
- Add the oil to the wok, and get the wok really hot. When really hot and chili and cook for 30 seconds until brown.
- Add the garlic, the onions, Garam Masala,Ground coriander, Fennel seeds, the rest of the turmeric and Black Mustard Seeds, and cook until the onions go slightly tender.
- Now add the potatoes and cook for a further 7 minutes on a medium low heat. If using tomato, add it at this point
- Add Lemon juice, fresh coriander and salt and pepper to taste, and serve with rice or Naan.Top with leftover fresh coriander.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…