Chicken and Red Lentil Curry
Member recipe by littlegreendragon13
Lovely thick and filling curry that's a breeze to make. Also easily doubled and freezes well.
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1-2 tbsp curry paste (to taste)
- 1 tsp whole cumin
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 500ml hot chicken stock
- 175g dried red lentils
- 6 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large pan and add the onion. Cook for 8-10 minutes over a gentle heat stirring occasionally until softened. Stir in the garlic, curry paste and cumin and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- Add the remaining oil and the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the stock and lentils, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 25 minutes stirring occasionally until the lentils are tender and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in the yoghurt and cover, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with basmati rice.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…