Coconut creme caramel
Member recipe by sigridverbert
ServingsServes 1 - 6 Portions
It looks like a good old fashioned creme caramel but coconut milk and cardamom add an extra indian touch to this french favourite
- 400ml coconut cream (one jar)
- 25cl milk
- 110g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- for the caramel
- 150g sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Prepare the caramel: heat the sugar and the water in a heavy skillet, wait without stirring untill you get a blond caramel. Pour the caramel in 6-8 creme caramel moulds.
- Pour the coconut cream and the milk in a skillet and bring to boil. Add the ground cardamom, Beat eggs, yolks and sugar untll pale, then pour the boiling milk while beating.
- Pour the coconut cream into the moulds to fill them. Put all moulds in a bigger plate and add a few centimeters warm water. Cook in the oven for about 35 minutes or untill the creme is set.
- Let cool, first at room temperature, tham in the fridge, serve cold, unmoulding each crÃÂ¨me caramel on a plate.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…