Redcurrant & Rosemary Chutney
Member recipe by fieldchooks
ServingsServes 1 - 7 Jars
- 1kg redcurrants
- 1kg granulated sugar
- 250ml red wine vinegar
- 3 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm sized piece of root ginger, grated
- half tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Remove stalks from redcurrants and place in a heavy bottomed pan with the sugar and vinegar. Place on a medium heat and warm through.
- Add the chopped onion, red pepper, garlic, ginger, cayenne pepper and the rosemary. Stir all together.
- Bring to the boil then boil on a medium heat for 30 minutes. The chutney may appear runny but will thicken/set when cooled.
- Pour the chutney into warmed jars and leave to cool.
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…