Brown Rice Burgers
Member recipe by jordangenevieve
- 1/2 cup brown basmati rice
- 300g mince
- 1 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh curly leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp Himilayan salt (you can replace this with plain sea salt) and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 whole-grain buns
- tomato slices and leaves of choice
- Preheat oven to 200C. Spread butter in a baking tray. Cook rice according to packet instructions.
- Mix cooked rice with all the other ingredients in a bowl and leave to stand for about 30 minutes.
- Form 4 patties and bake for 20 minutes in the oven. Do not turn the patties! After 20 minutes switch on the oven grill for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the patties are golden-brown and cooked through.
- Serve on the buns with salad leaves and a slice of tomato.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…