- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1½ tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 300g tofu, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced into thin batons
- 300g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- small bunch of coriander, chopped
- STEP 1
Stir together the soy sauce, honey and vinegar in a bowl, then set aside.
- STEP 2
Pat the tofu chunks dry, then season well. Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Fry the tofu for 5 mins until golden, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for 1 min more. Tip the tofu mixture into a bowl, pour over half the soy dressing and set aside.
- STEP 3
Add the remaining oil to the wok. Add the vegetables and cook for 5 mins until beginning to turn golden, then add a good splash of water and cook for 3-5 mins more until tender.
- STEP 4
Stir the cornflour and 1 tbsp water into the remaining soy dressing, then tip into the wok, allow to bubble for 30 seconds, stirring to coat everything in the sauce. Sprinkle over the spring onion, sesame seeds and coriander. Serve with rice.