Making a piping bag
How to make a homemade piping bag for cake decorating.
Points to remember
- Unroll a length of baking paper and fold one corner up to make a triangle shape.
- Mark the crease and cut paper into a square.
- Cut along the crease to make two triangles. Pick up one of the corners and fold it up and around to meet the apex of the triangle.
- Holding it in place, bring the other side around and secure it by folding the top over.
- Snip off the end of the bag and drop in the nozzle.
- Fill the bag with icing, fold the top over and it is ready to use.
- The bag can be stapled in place to hold it together.
- Don't overfill the bag with icing.