- 1 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
If you want a light alternative to other cooking oils, rapeseed is a great choice and has…
- 8 large eggs, beaten
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 200g frozen peas
- 85g mature cheddar, grated
- 4 large burger buns, toasted
- 4 tbsp onion chutney or chilli jam
- handful salad leaves (we used rocket), to serve
- slices of tomato (optional), to serve
A member of the nightshade family (along with aubergines, peppers and chillies), tomatoes are in…
- sweet potato wedges (optional), to serve
Sweet potatoes have a creamy texture and a sweet-spicy flavour that makes them ideal for savoury…
Heat the oil in a frying pan (roughy 20cm wide) and heat the grill to high. Season the eggs and add to the pan along with the peas. Quickly mix, then leave for 8 mins over a low-medium heat until the underside is set and just turning golden. Scatter over the cheese and grill for 3 mins until the surface is set and the cheese is bubbling.
Meanwhile, spread each burger bun with chutney or chilli jam. Cut the omelette into 4 wedges and sandwich between the buns, add a handful of leaves and a few slices of tomato, and serve with sweet potato wedges, if you like.