Roasted vegetables and herbs
Member recipe by lfarrow19
Colourful and appetising dish of vegetables roasted with olive oil and whole garlic cloves - which smells headily fragrant as good as it looks. Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes are added just before the end of roasting time for extra juiciness and flavour. An excellent accompaniment to roast meats, chop and stews, and meatballs.
- 1 butternut squash, seeded and in chunks
- 8 medium new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- 2 red onions, peeled and in wedges
- 1 medium aubergine, in chunks
- 1 each green and yellow peppers, seeded and in chunks
- 8 whole garlic cloves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 bay leaves
- few sprigs rosemary and thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g can Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes
- Place vegetables in a roasting tin and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Scatter over bay leaves, rosemary sprigs and thyme.
- Drizzle generously with olive oil and toss vegetables around with the hands to coat. Place in a pre-heated oven Gas 6 400F 200C for around 20 minutes, until browning around the edges and almost cooked.
- Remove from oven and tuck Cirio Peeled Plum Tomatoes in between vegetables. Return to oven for another 10 minutes - or until potatoes and squash are tender.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…