Easy refrigerator cake
Member recipe by kiixi
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Squares
no-cook refrigerator cake with festive colours from the pistachios and cranberries
- 100 g unsalted butter, plus little extra for greasing
- 15 digestive biscuits
- 100 g white chocolate
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 80 g pistachio kernels
- Grease a 20x10x6.5cm loaf tin with butter, then line with baking parchment.
- Break the digestives into small pieces and put in a bowl.
- Half fill a pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl. Add the butter and golden syrup, then place the bowl over the simmering water and leave for 3 mins to melt. Stir for the next few mins until everything is melted together - mixture should be smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the digestives, fruit and nuts to the chocolate mixture and mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Dollop the mixture into the tin, pushing it down firmly with the spoon. Cover with clingfilm and pop into the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- When firm, lift the cake out of the tin and cut into small pieces.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…