Black Pudding Croquette
Member recipe by barfly
- For The Croquettes
- 280g Black Pudding, peeled and chopped roughly
- 6 Scallions - finely chopped
- 2 Sweet Red Peppers, quartered, deseeded & cut into 1 cm dice
- 175g potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 50ml Malt vinegar
- Seasoned flour, as required
- 2 beaten eggs, or more if required
- 225g fresh breadcrumbs
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Oil for frying
- For The Compote
- 600ml water
- 225g Prepared Fruit, eg rhubarb or gooseberries
- 350g caster sugar
- In a food processor, blend the roughly chopped black pudding, spring onions, red peppers, potatoes, mustard and vinegar.
- Season to taste and mould the mixture into cylinderical shapes abot 5cm long.
- Roll these in the flour, then the lightly beaten eggs and finally the breadcrumbs
- Shallow fry in plenty of hot oil until golden brown, drain on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, dissolve the sugar in the water and bring up to the boil to make a syrup, then add the goosberries and cook gently for 10 minutes, until soft.
- Strain off the excess juice, then arrange the warm compote on heated serving plates with the reserved croquettes and a salad garnish.
- TIP. If using fruit with more natural sweetness, the sauce may needa squeeze of lemon juice.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…