Hannah's Spagetti Carbonara :D
Member recipe by hannahwilliams
- 140g Spaghetti
- 20g Margarine
- 80g cheese
- 15g flour
- 60g peas
- 250ml semi skimmed milk
- 1 slice of Ham
- Seasoning (salt, papper and oragano)
- 1/2 tsp of Mustard powder
- 1 tomato
- Measuring Jug
- Balloon Whisk
- Preheat the Oven to 200c / gas mark6
- Finely chop the tomatos into slices
- Cook the spagetti in boiling water for 10-15 mins, In the last 2 mins add the peas to the spaghetti
- Place the flour, margarine, mustard powder, seasoning and ham into a saucepan and stir well with a balloon whisk while it is heating.
- Bring to the boil, stirring all the time until, the sauce thickens. Simmer and stir the sauce until it is smooth and free of lumps.
- Remove from the heat and stir in half of the chedder cheese until melted and smooth.
- Drain the spaghetti and put it back into the saucepan. Add the cheese sauce and stir together until all the spaghetti is covered.
- place the carbonara into a oven proof tin and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Place the tomatos on top of the cheese and seaon with Pepper and oragano.
- Place in to the oven and cook for 15mins.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…