Member recipe by emmacorry
- 4 Thin Polish Cooked & Smoked Sausages, thinly sliced
- 1 Small White Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Small Red Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Small Tin Chick Peas, drained & rinsed
- 250ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Red Pesto
- 1 tbsp Herbes de Provence
- Olive Oil
- For the Pasta
- 8 Tagliatelle Nests
- 1 tbsp Garlic Butter
- To Serve (optional)
- Warm Crusty Bread
- Over a medium heat, fry the onions and peppers in the oil until softened, then add the sausage and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Meanwhile, cook the chickpeas as per instructions.
- If there is excess oil in the onions and sausages, drain off or mop up with a little kitchen paper, stir in the red pesto, then slowly add the cream, followed by the cooked chickpeas and the herbs and allow to simmer and thicken, stirring frequently.
- Boil the pasta per packet instuctions, adding the garlic butter to the water.
- Drain the pasta when done, and when your sauce has thickened nicely, add it to your pasta and stir together.
- Serve with some warm crusty bread.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…