Member recipe by banana2711
A great pudding using fresh lemons and a lovely lemon sauce which can be served with ice cream.
- 4oz (100g) Self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 40Z (100g) Butter or Margarine
- 40z (100g) Castor sugar
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 2 Eggs
- About 1-2 tablespoons milk
- For The Sauce,
- 2 level tablespoons cornflour
- 4oz (100g) Castor sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Heat the oven to 375F (190C) or Gas 4.
- Grease a baking dish or a pie dish generously.
- Sift the flour and salt on a plate, then cream the butter or margarine, sugar and grated lemon rind into a mixing bowl until it is soft and light. Crack the eggs and place the eggs into a separate bowl and beat them with a fork. Next, cream them into the mixture but before you place the last bit of the egg into the mixing bowl sift a little flour in.
- Then fold the remaining flour into the mixture and add the milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking dish or the pie dish evenually, then set aside while making the sauce.
- For the sauce, Place the cornflour and the sugar in a small bowl. You make the lemon juice by getting the juice out of 1 lemon then you place the lemon juice in a jug. Then fill hot water up to 1/2 pint mark or (300ml) then you add the liquid to the cornflour mixture and mix.
- Finally, you pour the lemon sauce over the cake mixture and place the pre-heated oven for 40 minutes.
- During the baking of the lemon pudding the sause will sink to the bottom and thicken. Serve hot.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…