Member recipe by clmarper
- 800g Diced Chicken
- 300ml Water
- 2 Medium Onions, finely chopped (1 medium onion for puree)
- 2 tsp Ginger Puree
- 2 tsp Garlic Puree
- 200g Oil
- 1 tsp Tumeric Powder
- 4 tsp Mild Curry Powder
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 100ml Natural Yogurt
- 4 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 100ml Pureed Onions
- To make the onion puree, bring a small pan of water to the boil and add some chopped onions. Boil them until soft, drain and puree with a hand blender/ food processor.
- Heat a large saucepan on a high heat. Once it's hot add the oil and chopped onions and reduce to a low heat. Cook the onions slowly and gently until golden brown in colour.
- Make a paste of Ginger Puree, Garlic Puree, Curry Powder, Tumeric Powder, Chilli Powder and a splash of water. Add to the pan of onions and stir in well. Fry for a couple of minutes. Add the Diced Chicken and stir in well.
- Mix the Yogurt, Tomato Puree and Onion Puree together in a jug with the water. Pour into the saucepan and mix well. Turn up the heat until the sauce begins to boil. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Finally sprinkle in the Garam Masala and stir in well for the final 2 minutes before serving.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…