Quick Nut Free Fruit Cake
Member recipe by jencook
- 150g Butter or Margarine
- 150ml milk ,whole or semi skimmed
- 6 Tbs Golden Syrup
- 225g Currants
- 225g Raisins
- 100g Sultanas
- 100g Chopped Mixed Peel
- 100g Dried Apricots( or any other dried friut ) Chopped
- 225g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Ground Mixed Spice
- Pinch of Grated Nutmeg
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Place butter, milk, syrup, dried fruits ,peel and apricots in a saucepan and heat until the butter has melted.
- Simmer gently for five minutes then allow to cool slightly.
- Place the sieved flour and spices in a mixing bowl and add the eggs.DO NOT STIR AT THIS STAGE.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda in to the cooled fruit mixture and pour into the flour.
- Mix well and pour into a lined and greased 18cm cake tin and bake at 150C / Gas 2 for 75-90 mins
- Check to see if cake is cooked and then turn out on a wire tray to cool
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…