A bowl of green goodness
Member recipe by mykitchenantics
- Green asparagus spears- 500 gms, cleaned
- Shredded coconut- 3 tbsp or more
- Green chillies- 3, slit lengthwise
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds- 2 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves- a sprig (optional)
- Cut and discard the woody base and chop the asparagus heads into small pieces.
- Crush the coconut, green chillies, turmeric powder and cumin seeds together to a coarse mix, either with your hands or with a pestle and mortar.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, heat the oil and splutter mustard seeds. Add the coarse coconut mix and the curry leaves (if any) at this stage. Sauté for a few seconds on medium heat, but make sure you don't burn them.
- Add the chopped asparagus heads and salt. Stir well, making sure the coconut mix and the asparagus is combined evenly.
- Close the lid and cook on medium heat, stirring in between and if it sticks to the bottom, pour about a tsp water.
- Notes: If you want the asparagus a bit crunchy...under cook it a bit and it would taste just as good. You can replace cumin seeds with a 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cumin powder
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…