Pineapple yoghurt dessert
Member recipe by lizzyh
An easy dessert my Greek mother-in-law showed me. Very refreshing on a hot summer's day.
- 1 x 220g tin of pineapple (chunks or rings) in own juice
- 1 x 135g of tablet pineapple jelly
- 1 x 500g tub of Greek yoghurt (for best results use genuine greek yoghurt, not "greek style".)
- Chop the pineapple into small pieces. Reserve the juice - you'll need it later.
- Melt the jelly cubes by placing the cubes in a microwaveable jug with 100ml of cold water. Heat for approx 1 min (based on 750 watt oven).
- Add the juice from the tinned pineapple to the melted jelly. Add water if needed to make the liquid content up to 200ml.
- Pour the yoghurt in a bowl and add the melted jelly mixture bit by bit until all combined together.
- Pour the jelly and yoghurt mixture into a shallow dish so that the liquid is about 10cm deep or thereabouts.
- Add the chopped up pineapple to the mixture and spread around so that its distributed evenly.
- Cover in clingfilm, place in the fridge and leave to set.
- You could try different fruit with this recipe - just be careful not to use fresh pineapple, kiwi or papaya fruit because it stops the jelly setting.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…