Ricotta Cheese Pie
Member recipe by marhaz
- Ricotta Cheese Pie
- Our Mom, made this sweet lemony pie for decades. It is much like a cheesecake, only lighter.
- 4 extra large eggs at room temperature
- 1 c. sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1½ pounds whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbs. lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 c. chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Break eggs into a large bowl & blend with an electric mixer. Add the sugar, cream cheese & ricotta, beat until smooth. Add the lemon extract & lemon zest, stir well. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased 23cmx23cm glass baking dish. Place dish in the center of the preheated oven. Bake for 1½ hour, until the pie is set & the edges are golden. Allow to remain in oven for approximately another 30 mins. with the oven turned off to ensure a well set pie. (The pie will collapse some as it cooks, but the slow cooking ensures a steadier center.)
- Allow to cool to room temperature, refrigerate.
- Enjoy with friends & family!
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…