Dried Cherry and Fudge Scones
Member recipe by rachel1991
ServingsServes 1 - 16
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g butter
- 25g caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 75g fudge
- 75g dried cherries
- To Finish:
- icing sugar
- a few dried cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 130C/450F/gas 8 and lightly grease two baking trays.
- Sieve the flour into a large bowl. Cut the butter into small chunks and add them to the flour.
- Rub the butter into the flour until it resembles bread crumbs. Add the sugar, milk, cherries and fudge.
- Use a blunt knife to mix the ingredients together into a soft dough. Press and mould it with your fingers to make it smooth.
- Sprinkle an area of work surface with flour and place the dough on it. Roll out until about 1cm thick.
- Cut shapes out of the dough. Squeeze the scraps together and roll out again.
- Repeat step 6 until all of the dough has been used.
- Put the scones onto the prepared baking trays, leaving plenty of room between each scone.
- Bake for 7-12 minutes or until golden brown and risen. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve on a plate with a few extra dried cherries.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…