Katy's salmon teriyaki
Member recipe by sexblondy
A simple yet delicious fusion meal served with creamy coconut rice
- 2 salmon filets(skin removed)
- 200g thai jasmine rice
- 200ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 3 tbsp dark soy sauce
- black and white sesame seeds
- steamed broccoli
- Put a pan of salted water on to boil and add the thai jasmine rice and cook according to pack instructions(approximately 10-12 mins)
- meanwhile mix together the honey and soy sauce in a bowl(does not matter if the mixture does not come together at this stage)
- add 1tbsp of groundnut or sesame oil to a frying pan and heat moderately
- add the salmon filets and fry for 3 minutes per side until almost cooked through then towards the last 30 seconds of cooking time, add the honey and soy sauce and let it bubble and reduce slightly, so that it begins to coat the salmon
- once the rice is cooked, drain it then return to the pan and add the coconut milk and a pinch of salt and heat through until the rice absorbs most of it. It should resemble a fairly stiff risotto.
- Place the salmon and rice on to the plate and drizzle over the rest of the sauce. Serve with steamed broccoli and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…