Easy onion soup
Member recipe by kibbledonion
A simple, tasty and filling onion soup made with very few ingrediants.
- 3 Onions, shredded
- 2 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 15g Butter - or oil
- 2 Vegatable stock cubes
- 900ml water
- 2 tea spoons brown sugar - can use white
- 2 'Good sized' potatoes, cubed
- 1 Carrot, sliced
- 1 Table spoon mixed random herbs - coriander, parsley, dill
- Salt and pepper
- Turn hob on and place butter in frying pan or wok on the lit ring. Peel and shred onion and then add to the pan.
- Continually move onions around until soft and golden brown. When onions have gone soft and brown, add crushed garlic and mix.
- In a large pan boil water, add stock cubes, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper. Then add the onion and garlic mix.
- Cut up the potatoes and add to the pan, and then do the same with the carrot.
- Simmer on low heat for an hour.
- Use a hand-held blender or place the soup into a standalone blender and blits untill thick. Then simmer for 10 more minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread and melted cheese, enjoy.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…