Carrot and Cumin Soup
Member recipe by janerollinson
A spiced carrot soup, made creamy by the addition of natural yoghurt.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 800g carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 litre veg stock
- 200ml natural yoghurt
- salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp harissa
- Heat the oil and gently cook the onion for 5 mins.
- Add the cumin seeds and the carrots and cook for 2 mins, stirring.
- Add the stock and simmer for 25 mins until the carrots are tender.
- Cool slightly and then blend until smooth.
- Return to the pan, and stir in 4 tbsp of the yoghurt. Check the seasoning.
- Stir the harissa into the rest of the yoghurt and serve the soup with a dollop of the spicy yoghurt on top.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…