Cod with leeks and tomatoes
Member recipe by jdeclerc
Healthy piece of oven cooked cod with leeks and tomatoes. Can be served with either rice or potatoes. Weightwatchers : 5,5 points per serving (6 points if served with rice)
- 2 cod fillets (225 gr each)
- 2 small bunches cherry tomatoes on the vine
- bunch of washed leaves of leeks
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- zest 1 lemon, plus juice of 0.5
- few basil leaves
- few chives
- For a potato dish
- 220 gr New Jersey potatoes, cut into chunks
- For a rice dish
- 60 gr dried basmati rice
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200C; fan 180C; gas 6
- Make individual parcels of oven foil and put the cod fillet on a bed of leaves of leek. Add the chopped spring onion and season with pepper, lemon zest and a little olive oil. Then cover with some more leaves of leek. Put the tomatoes on the vine inside the parcel, along with the basil leaves. Press the foil together so you have it completely sealed. Put both parcels in an oven dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- If using the potatoes: boil them until tender
- If using the rice: glaze the chopped onion in a frying pan, then add the vegetable stock and dried rice. Leave to simmer until chicken stock is reduced.
- Serve the cod along the rice or potatoes with some more lemon zest, chopped chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…