Member recipe by JessJones
Poached Haddock with Parsley Sauce. A great introduction to fish for novice chefs!
- For the Fish
- 2 Medium or 1 Large Fillets of Haddock (Prepared by your fish monger)
- 1/2 Pint of Milk (or enough to just cover fish)
- Large Knob of Butter
- Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Chopped Fresh Chive
- On the Side
- 8-12 New Potatoes
- 1/2 Sliced Savoy Cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 200C
- Remove any pin bones from the fish with tweezers. Lightly season with pepper, salt is unnecisary with the variety of fish.
- Place the Haddock skin down in a ceramic dish. The add the milk until it just covers the fish. Then place small knobs of butter along the fish. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes depending on the size of your fish.
- Depending on the size and variety of the new potatoes either half or boil whole in lightly salted water.
- When cooked remove the fish from the dish and place under low heat to keep warm. Transfer the milk into a saucepan and add the chopped herbs. Simmer for 5 minutes to reduce the sauce a little.
- Add the 1/2 sliced Savoy Cabbage to lightly seasoned boiling water for 2-4minutes
- To serve place the Haddock on top of a bed of savoy cabbage, with new potatoes on the side. Drizzle with the sauce reduction.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…