Mini Mascarpone Lasagnas
Member recipe by stevenwyles
- Butter, for ramekins
- 12 lasagna sheets
- 375g tinned sweetcorn
- 125ml whipping cream
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 250g mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 125g finely grated Pecorino Romano, plus 60g
- 1 large lemon, zested
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 75g packed chopped fresh basil leaves
- 190g Mozzerella (strong tasting)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Arrange an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Butter 6 small ramekins. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Using 2 cooked lasagna sheets in an "x" shape, line each ramekin, pushing the sheets gently into the bottom of the ramekins, allowing any excess pasta to overhang on the sides.
- In a food processor, blend the sweetcorn, cream and garlic until chunky. Add the mascarpone, 120g of the Mozzerella cheese, the lemon zest, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add the basil and pulse until just combined. Spoon 2 desert spoons of filling into the bottom of each ramekin and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Mozzerella. Fold 2 overhanging pieces of pasta over the filling, (trim the ends of the pasta with scissors, if necessary). Add another desert spoon of filling to each ramekin and top with another 2 tablespoons Mozzerella. Fold over the 2 remaining overhanging pieces of pasta.
- Spoon any remaining filling on top of the pasta. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining Mozzerella and drizzle with olive oil. Arrange the ramekins on a baking sheet and bake until the tops are golden brown and the filling is bubbling, about 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Run a knife around the edge of the ramekins to loosen the lasagnas. Unmold the lasagnas onto serving plates and serve.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…