Member recipe by nigelcbird
- 2 large potatoes
- Peel potatoes and cut into chips and rinse under cold water for 20 minutes to remove the starch
- Boil for 15 - 20 minutes until the surface just starts to break up. BE CAREFUL 1 MINUTE TOO LONG AND IT'S SOUP
- Drain and place on cake rack in the fridge for 1 hour
- Place in 130oC oil and fry for a couple of minutes until the colour just changes.
- Place on cake rack in fridge for 1 hour
- Fry in 180oC oil until golden brown, drain and serve
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…