Chicken & Veg Bake, With Rice
Member recipe by sparko51
Chicken Breast, Stuffed with Crunchy Vegtables, Baked in Herb Butter, On A Bed Of Rice
- 2 Medium Chicken Breasts
- 1 Leek
- 1/2 each of Red, Green, & Yellow Pepper
- 1 Courgette
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 150g Brown Rice (type is optional)
- Preheat the Oven to 190C Gas Mark 5.
- To prepare the chicken breast, you need to take a sharp knife and cut a pocket in from the side. It's easier if you just lay the chicken breast flat, and put your knife parallel to the worktop and slowly and carefully cut the pocket, be carefull not to cut all the way through, or you will no longer have a pocket.
- Next we cut the vegetables, Slice the leek keeping it in the circle that it comes off as, as apossed to breaking up the rings, thinly slice your peppers and courgette, and cut the tomatoes in half.
- Place your chicken breasts on enough foil (seperatly) so that when you have finished filling them, you can snuggly wrap them closed. Open the pocket and lay the leek down covering the bottom half of the breast, next the sliced peppers and the courgettes and the tomatoes last, Don't worry about over filling, as the foil will keep it all held together, the more you put in the better.
- Once full enough for you, place a knob of butter in the pocket and sprinkle the inside lightly with Herbs de Provence, wrap it up tight and place in the center of your preheated oven for 25 mins. After 25mins, open your pocket, leave the chicken in the center of the foil in all the juices, and place it back in your oven at the same temprature for another 15 mins.
- While the chicken is back in the oven for the final 15 mins, you have time to cook your rice. Please follow the instructions on the packet to do this. Once the rice is cooked, you can lay out a bed around the edge of the plate, but leave a hollow in the middle of the plate for the chicken to sit in, lay the chicken in the center, placing any lose vegetables around the chicken. Relax, and enjoy.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…