Pistachio Lime Cupcakes
Member recipe by janeyk73
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 140g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 285g golden caster sugar
- 120ml Greek yogurt
- 3 medium eggs
- 170g self-raising flour
- 1ÃÂ½tsp baking powder
- 55g unsalted pistachio nuts, ground
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- For the icing
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 110g cream cheese, room temperature
- 450g icing sugar
- Green food colouring paste
- Sugar flowers to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180ÃÂ°C/gas mark 4. Line a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat the yogurt into the eggs and then stir into the sugar mixture. Sift the flour and baking powder, add the ground pistachio nuts and lime zest, and then stir into the batter until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases so that they are three-quarters full. Bake the cakes in the centre of the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until they are firm and springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and place the cakes on a wire rack to cook.
- To make the icing, cream the butter and cheese in a bowl. Gradually add the icing sugar until you have a good piping/spreading consistency. Dot in a little colouring paste with a skewer and keep mixing until the icing is the shade you like.
- Using a piping bag with a star nozzle, pipe on the icing. Scatter with the sugar flowers
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…