- 350g trimmed sirloin steak
This well-flavoured steak needs to be cooked carefully, and rested properly to ensure…
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce marinade, (we used Kikkoman teriyaki marinade)
- 1⁄2 cucumber
- 2 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- juice 1⁄2 lime
The same shape, but smaller than…
- 6 Little Gem lettuce leaves
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
Want to see what this recipe costs at different supermarkets? Compare in one place here:
Put the steak between two sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until half its original thickness. Thinly slice the steak, then mix with the teriyaki marinade in a bowl. Leave to marinate for 5-10 mins.
Roughly dice the cucumber and mix with the chopped coriander and lime juice. Season with a little salt.
Heat a frying pan until very hot, then fry the steak slices for 1½-2½ mins for rare to medium, turning the slices halfway through.
Pile the cucumber mixture into the lettuce leaves, then top with the seared teriyaki beef, chilli and red onion.