Chocolate Chip Cookie
Member recipe by pocoyo
These classic chocolate chip cookies have crisp edges and chewy middles
- 225g (8 oz) butter, softened
- 200g (7 oz) caster sugar
- 225g (8 oz) dark brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 dessertspoon vanilla essence
- 375g (13 oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 dessertspoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 350g (12 oz) dark chocolate chips
- 125g (4¼ oz) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Cream together the butter, caster sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Dissolve bicarbonate of soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until edges are nicely browned.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…