crispy potato skins
Member recipe by katiedorey
- 2 (about 150g each) baking potatoes
- olive oil
- FOR THE SALSA
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 small to medium red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- splash Tabasco sauce
- splash olive oil
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4tsp ground cumin
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 medium avocado, halved and stoned
- Oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Bake the potatoes for 45mins to 1hr.
- Meanwhile, mix all the salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Marinate for 1hr for a realyl strong flavour.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Carefully cut each one into 3 equal pieces, leaving about 5mm flesh in each one as you go (save the flesh for mash another day, or freeze it). Lay the skins on a baking tray and brush a little olive oil over them. Bake for 20mins or until crisp.
- Meanwhile make the guacamole. Put the garlic, chilli, spring onion and cumin into a bowl and season. Mix in lime juice well then add the avocado and mash with a fork until fairly smooth. Serve the guacamole and salsa with the potato skins
- Per serving: 335kcal, 18.9g fat, 3.8g sat fat, 7.5g protein, 36.5g carbs, 9.9g sugar, 0.1g salt
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…