Spicy almond sultana chicken
Member recipe by katiedorey
- 2tsp cumin seeds
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4tbsp olive oil
- small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 4 skinless chicken breasts cut into 2cm strips
- 2tbsp flaked almonds
- 2tbsp sultanas
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cos lettuce to serve
- bunch of radishes, thinly sliced, to serve
- In a large frying pan, over a medium-high heat, cook the cumin seeds, shaking the pan occasionally, for 1min until fragrant and toasted. Tip into a medium bowl, allow to cool slightly, then add garlic, chilli, half the oil and half the coriander. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours, 12 is better though.
- Fry the chicken and marinade over a medium-high heat until cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon to a large bowl and mix with the almonds.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining oil and sultanas to the cooking juices in the pan. Gently heat through, remove from the heat and stir in the soy sauce. Season with pepper, pour over the chicken and almonds. Mix well. Allow to cool, then stir in remaining coriander then chill until needed.
- Serve with the cos lettuce and radishes as a salad.
- Per serving: 370kcal, 23g fat, 4.1g sat fat, 35.1g protein, 8.6g carbs, 7.8g sugar, 0.4g salt.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…