Member recipe by katiedorey
- 4 red bell peppers
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 large (or 2 small) courgettes, finely chopped
- 175g/6oz couscous
- 300ml/1/2pt hot vegetable stock
- zest of 1 lemon
- 200g/8oz mozzarella
- handful shredded basil
- 4 tbsp grated parmesan
- Oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Halve the peppers and deseed leaving the stalks attached to retain shape. Arrange the peppers in a roasting tin, drizzle with oil. Season. Bake for 30mins until almost tender.
- Fry onion until softened and lightly browned. Add garlic and courgettes, cook gently for 5mins. Remove from heat and stir in couscous and stock. Cover and leave for 5mins until couscous is swollen.
- Stir in lemon zest, mozzarella, basil, salt and pepper. Spoon into peppers and sprinkle over parmesan. Bake for 20-25mins until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Per serving: 398kcal, 19g protein, 38g carbohydrate, 20g fat, 9g sat fat, 4g fibre, 14g sugar, 0.96g salt.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…