Member recipe by suesmi
- 175 g rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion peeled
- 125g mushrooms
- 2 carrots peeled
- 15g butter/marg
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 125g breadcrumbs
- 125g finely chopped nuts
- 125g grated mature cheddar
- 2 eggs beaten
- tomato sauce
- Cook the rice until tender, finely chop the onion and mushroom, grate the carrot.
- Heat the butter in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and carrots for 3-4 mins. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are softened, stirring frequently
- Remove from the heat, then stir in the breadcrumbs, nuts, cooked rice, cheese and eggs. Stir in the parsley, season and mix thoroughly
- Pack the mixture into a greased 1.1litre loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees (gas mark 4) for 1- 1 1/4 hours. Serve hot or cold with fresh tomato sauce or chutney and salad.
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…