Thai Chicken & Vegetable Curry
Member recipe by mattreid
- 2-3 large chicken breast fillets, cut into bite-size chunks
- 4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into 2cm/1in cubes
- 500g butternut squash, peeled and chopped into 2cm/1in cubes
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 100g massaman curry paste
- 2 x 400ml coconut milk
- 25ml sunflower oil
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 thai aubergines, quartered
- fish sauce (to taste)
- 25 leaves (approx) thai basil
- 4-6 red thai chilis, whole
- Par-boil potatoes until tender, and place to one side
- Heat sunflower oil in wok and add shallots, cook until soft then add massaman curry paste and mix
- Add one tin of coconut milk and mix with the paste and shallots until uniform colour. Bring to a simmer and then add butternut squash. Cook for 10-15 min, stirring occasionally, until squash chunks are tender
- Add second tin of coconut milk, and mix until uniform colour. Bring back to a simmer and then add thai aubergine and chicken. Cook for about 5 mins until the chicken is just cooked through.
- Add potatoes, kaffir lime leaves, whole red chilis and fish sauce to taste. Cook for a further 5 mins and then take off the heat. Add thai basil and mix well. Serve with thai fragrant rice.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…