Leerdammer bread pudding
Member recipe by isobelstorm
This is a great, economical family supper. You can vary it by adding peas or for a meaty version try bacon, ham or sliced cooked sausages.
- 250g crusty white bread
- 15g butter
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 leek finely sliced
- 100g frozen sweetcorn
- 100g small mushrooms, sliced
- 75g Leerdammer Mature cheese grated
- 4 eggs
- 400 ml milk
- Salt and black pepper
- Set the oven to 180c / 160c fan oven / gas mark 4.
- Cut off the crusts from the bread, then cut the bread into 3cm chunks. Melt the butter with the oil in a small frying pan and fry the chopped onion for 3 to 4 minutes until tender.
- Add the leeks and fry for another minute or so. Add the sweetcorn and mushrooms to the pan and stir well for just a minute or so until the mushrooms are softened.
- Place a spoonful of the vegetable mixture into four individual 200ml baking dishes; scatter over a little cheese then the bread, top with more vegetables and cheese so everything is tumbled together.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and pour on the milk and season well.
- Pour over the bread mixture then bake for 15 minutes until set. Serve hot from the oven with a green salad.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…