Weetabix chocolate squares
Member recipe by Zefer
Cooking time1 hour to cool before icing and slicing
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Squares
Quick cheap and addictive, converted from a New Zealand recipe, Great traybake or cheap biscuit tin hit. Only slightly more sophisticated than rice crispie cakes but a whole lot nicer. And this version is Vegan!
- 3 x Weetabix - crushed up
- 130g Self Raising Flour
- 80g Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 200g Granulated or Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 150g Vegan margarine
- For the icing
- 100g Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp margarine
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- Pop the oven on; 180 c or Gas 4. Then mix all the dry ingredients together; crumbled Weetabix, Flour, Sugar, cocoa powder, coconut in a bowl.
- Melt the margarine and add the vanilla essence over a low heat
- While the margarine is melting line a tray with baking parchment. The dimensions don't really matter but i use a square 9 inch or 22 cm tray which works well
- Once the margarine mix has melted stir it into the dry ingredients and combine until completely mixed.
- Place the mixture into the baking tray , pressing down into corners and ensuring the mix is flat. Place in oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for an hour then melt the icing ingredients. Spread evenly across the surface. When it is set cut it into 24 squares. Try one, and then have another as they are so nice and you have 23 left so another won't be missed
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…