Member recipe by julesthenorweegie
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Pancakes
Bacon pancakes! My grandmother always used to serve me these delicious pancakes when I stayed over at hers. Here, I have used a slightly healthier version, omitting some of the butter, and swapped some of the plain flour for wholemeal.
- 100 g flour (I used 50 g wholemeal and 50 g plain)
- 250 ml skimmed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1-1 1/2 tbsp melted butter (flora light perhaps?)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 bacon rashers, trimmed and chopped
- Fresh chives, snipped
- Mix together flour, milk, egg, butter and salt in a bowl and leave to "rest" for at least 15 minutes.
- Fry the bacon, and set aside. You wont need butter or oil.
- In the same pan, add a little butter and pour a ladleful of the pancake mixture, scatter over some bacon and snipped chives. Fry until it's got a nice light golden colour, and flip over. You should get about 4 medium pancaked out of this mix.
- Serves 2 people, about 550 calories each
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…