Member recipe by grillstock
- 500g mince beef (get 80% lean beef and 20% fat - burgers need the fat for flavour and to help bind them)
- Half an onion (red is best but normal is fine) chopped very fine
- One whole egg beaten up
- 3 tspn California Rancher Rump Rub Seasoning
- Good slug of worcester sauce (about a tablespoonful)
- Good slug of oyster sauce
- Handful of breadcrumbs
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well with your hands
- Place in the fridge for an hour to firm up and allow the flavours to develop
- Divide into four and make into burger patties. Push your thumb gently into the centre of your burger before it goes on the grill. This will compensate for the burger wanting to ball-up as it cooks and you'll end up with a nice flat burger.
- Place burgers on a really hot, oiled grill and leave them for 4-5 mins. Flip them over and just leave them again for another 4-5 mins. Don't fiddle.
- Serve with sliced gherkins, thinly sliced cheese, tomato relish, lettuce, Oaky & Smoky BBQ Sauce and mayo on BBQ toasted sesame seed buns.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…