Member recipe by akkie09
- 1l milk
- 5-6 crusts or dry bread
- 100 g sugar (depending on preference)
- 2 tsp cinnamon or mixed spices (cinnamon, ginger, coriander, cloves, aniseed)
- 125 g raisins
- 3 eggs
- Heat the milk on the hob.
- Put the bread in. If the mixture seems to wet/fluid, add more bread. Keep stirring the mixture until everything is incorporated. Turn off the heat.
- Add sugar (to taste) and the spices. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and stir them in.
- Butter an oven tray, and cover with some flour, shaking off any excess flour that doesn't stick to the butter. Put the mixture in and put it in the oven for 1h at 160C.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…