My Little Pony cake
Member recipe by choccake222
- For the Marzipan Mascarpone Meringue Madness
- You will need
- Pink half-pound cake (use half a pound instead of a pound of ingredients)
- Meringue mix
- For the icing
- 16 oz mascarpone cheese
- Approx. 6 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon extract or lemon juice
- For decorating
- Whipped cream
- Marzipan fruits and flowers
- Preheat the oven to 160C/fan 140C/ gas mark 3.
- For the meringue, make a basic meringue mix and on a sheet of parchment paper/greaseproof paper spread a layer of meringue about as thick as a ÃÂ£1 coin and as wide as the cake tin. Bake it until it is golden-y on the top. Do quite a few of these as these will fit between the layers.
- Bake two half-pound cakes and trim the first one so it fits nicely on the bigger one. Separate them both into half or in 3 parts and when the meringues are done, slot them into the layers.
- For the icing, put the mascarpone in a mixer and beat until smooth. Slowly add the confectioner's sugar until the frosting is the thickness you like. Add the lemon extract and mix until even.
- Cover the cake with the frosting and decorate it like the cake in the My Little Pony episode.
We’d love to hear how you got on with this recipe. Did you like it? Would you recommend others give it a try?
Be the first to comment on this recipe…
Unsure about the cooking time or want to swap an ingredient? Ask us your questions and we’ll try and help you as soon as possible. Or if you want to offer a solution to another user’s question, feel free to get involved…
Be the first to ask a question about this recipe…
Got your own twist on this recipe? Or do you have suggestions for possible swaps and additions? We’d love to hear your ideas.
Be the first to suggest a tip for this recipe…